Kids in the Hills website receives OMDC grant
February 21st, 2012 by Bethany Lee
OMDC grant announced for www.kidsinthehills.ca
Kids in the Hills is an online community for parents, grandparents and caregivers living in the Headwaters region – including Orangeville, Shelburne, Mono, Caledon, Bolton, Erin and Hillsburgh. The website was launched in 2010 by Bethany Lee in association with www.inthehills.ca, a locally-owned and independently operated magazine with a fantastic track record of delivering quality coverage of life in the Headwaters Region. Read Bethany Lee’s introduction to the website here.
Through the Kids in the Hills website, our community is able to:
- Stay up-to-date on local activities for children and parents through our free event listing service
- Enjoy web-exclusive content, commentary from moms and dads, child-themed features
- Learn how other parents cope with the work/family balance
- Connect through Facebook and Twitter
- Find local goods, services and events for kids in our categorized listings.
In 2012, the Kids in the Hills website will receive a design and behind-the-scenes overhaul. One of the major improvements will include a more comprehensive manner of handling calendar content for the growing community. We are thankful for the grant from Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC) that will assist in bringing this online cultural hub to a new level. We are excited to be working with Barking Dog Solutions on this project. Keep your eye on www.kidsinthehills.ca and watch us grow!